"5-free formula"is a wonderful thing! Here is what has been removed...
CAMPHOR:In rare cases, camphor can cause liver damage when applied tothe skin. And nail biters be warned— it’s been linked to seizures when ingested.
DIBUTYL PHTHALATE:An endocrine disruptor, dibutyl phthalate is toxic to the reproductive system, and canaffecta baby boy’s genitalia development. Plus, it’s been linked to obesity.
FORMALDEHYDE: A known carcinogen that can also cause organ and immune system toxicity, formaldehyde is an ingredient to avoid at all costs.
FORMALDEHYDE RESIN:This formaldehyde derivative may not be as toxic, but it’s a known allergen, and can cause skin irritations, as well as eye and lung irritation (and we know we all inhale some nail-polish fumes when we’re swiping oncolour).
TOLUENE: Toluene not only impairs breathing and can cause nausea, but it’s also toxic to the nervous system, can cause developmental damage to a fetus and is linked to malignant lymphoma.